The most beautiful Heuriger in Vienna
In this blog article we reveal some of the best Heuriger and guest gardens in Vienna, where you can taste first-class Viennese wine and enjoy excellent Austrian cuisine. Regardless of whether you want to relax with a glass of wine or spend a convivial evening with family or friends, these restaurants are the right place for you and worth every visit!
For more than 330 years, the Wagner family has been running a winery and that now extends over 11 hectares of vineyards in Vienna and Klosterneuburg Weidling. The oldest part of the cellar dates back to the 17th century.
- Location: Grinzingerstrasse 53, 1190 Wien
- Opening hours: Open all year round from 4 p.m. to midnight*
The traditional winery “Mayer am Pfarrplatz”, the epitome of Viennese Heurigen culture, has been pressing the best Viennese wine in Heiligenstadt since 1683. Ludwig van Beethoven lived in the romantic, suburban house on Pfarrplatz in 1817. During his time in Heiligenstadt he worked on his greatest work, the 9th Symphony.
- Location: Pfarrplatz 2, 1190 Wien
- Opening hours: Monday to Thursday 4.00 p.m. to midnight; Friday, Saturday, Sunday & public holidays from 12 p.m.*
A former stable became a bar and the orchard that belonged to it became a guest garden. Over the years, the wine-growing business has also grown into today’s winery, which now has 5 hectares of vineyards. The rustic restaurant with a tiled stove offers space for 85 people. The guest garden is divided into the inner courtyard, the sun terrace and the natural garden with a total of 120 seats.
- Location: Cobenzlgasse 38, 1190 Wien
- Opening hours: Wednesday to Sunday from 4 p.m.*
Vienna offers a highly valuable and both climatically and geologically preferred wine location. A hundred years ago, the “world’s best” wines were pressed in Grinzing. In the middle of the Grinzing wine region you’ill find the Obermann and be rewarded with excellent, organic wine quality, a family atmosphere and lots of nature.
- Location: Cobenzlgasse 102, 1190 Wien
- Opening hours: Monday to Friday from 4 p.m.; Saturday from 3 p.m.; Sundays & public holidays from 1 p.m.
The beautiful tradition of the Buschenschank in today’s time: The family business offers biodynamic wines from the two wineries Wieninger and Hajszan Neumann as well as cold – also vegetarian – Buschenschank delicacies from local, first-class producers in the best quality. When composing the dishes, just as much emphasis is placed on organic food as on Austrian ingredients.
- Location: Eichelhofweg 125, 1190 Wien
- Opening hours: Thursday 3 p.m. – 10 p.m.; Friday & Saturday 12 p.m. – 10 p.m.; Sundays & public holidays 11 a.m. – 10 p.m.*
The Schübel-Auer with one of the oldest guest gardens at the foot of the Nussberg is one of the most beautiful traditional taverns in Vienna. The rooms, which exude the charm and magic of bygone times through their walls and architecture, have been tastefully restored with great attention to detail and today offer both: the beauty and magic of history combined with the needs and comfort of the present.
- Location: Kahlenberger Straße 22, 1190 Wien
- Opening hours: Tuesday to Saturday 3.30pm – midnight; Sunday 12 p.m. – 10 p.m.*
The Hengl-Haselbrunner winery, located in the heart of Döbling, has been a family business for many generations, with around 11 hectares of its own vineyards in the 19th district. As a traditional company with many years of experience, we strive for the highest quality in the vineyard and in the cellar, as well as with food and service. Hengl-Haselbrunner is regularly recognized by the Vienna Eco Business Plan for its efforts to conserve resources.
- Location: Iglaseegasse 10, 1190 Wien
- Opening hours: Tuesday to Saturday 3.30 p.m. to 11 p.m.*
The Wiener Heurige has established itself for centuries as a place of cosiness and conviviality and is today an institution that is inextricably linked with the city of Vienna. The traditional environment, a stylish mix of natural stone, wood and glass, a spacious parking lot (access to Baumergasse 37) and the child-friendly playground make closeness to nature, wine enjoyment and family leisure an overall experience of the culinary-relaxing kind.
- Location: Amtsstraße 10-14, 1210 Wien – Jedlersdorf
- Opening hours: Monday to Friday 3 p.m. – 11 p.m.; Saturday, Sunday & public holidays 12.00pm – 11.00pm *
Once again the best Heuriger in Vienna in 2021! Heuriger Wieninger awarded 95 points and 4 grapes in the Falstaff Heurigen Guide 2021.
- Location: Stammersdorfer Straße 7, 1210 Wien
- Opening hours: Friday 4:00 p.m. – 12:00 a.m.; Saturday 12:00 – 24:00; Sunday & public holidays 12:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.*
An idyllic vineyard with a wine cellar on the Bisamberg. With great attention to detail, a quiet place of comfort and conviviality was created here in the middle of the vineyards. In addition to excellent wines and brandies, Tyrolean specialties such as Galtürer Hausspeck, East Tyrolean Henkele, high-quality cheese (alpine, mountain and gray cheese), chamois sausages or venison ham are served. In addition, you will also find classic board snacks and homemade pastries on the menu.
- Location: Untere Jungenberggasse 7, 1210 Wien
- Opening hours: Thursday & Friday from 4 p.m. Saturday, Sunday & public holidays from 12 p.m.*
The Heurige at the end of the Stammersdorfer Kellergasse exudes a relaxed atmosphere as soon as you enter. The cozy arbor, enclosed by vine tendrils, the wild, rustic vineyard or the modern parlor offer every guest a perfect place. The head of the house personally takes care of the culinary delights and the physical well-being.
- Location: Stammersdorfer Kellergasse 131, 1210 Wien
- Opening hours: Friday & Monday from 4 p.m.; Saturday, Sunday & public holidays from 12 p.m.*
*All information is provided without guarantee and claim to be complete.